Sunday, October 30, 2011

1418--GAME IS ON, Week #11

Cole and I went to Blue Mesa Grill in Plano on Friday night. I was counting on the fact that it was the last Ranger game in the series and the place wouldn't be packed. I guessed correctly.

Here's what I have realized about all of my Mexican food adventures. I'm not really crazy about Tex-Mex. I like the fusion stuff. I like more authentic Mexican--mole, black beans.

Blue Mesa was everything I like in a restaurant. Cool atmosphere.
Robert, our uber-entertaining server

Not fun like Chuy's, a bit more upscale. But our server Robert was very upbeat and entertaining. He made great recommendations and was very attentive. He also ALWAYS works Sundays in case you are interesting in visiting. ASK for him.

After lamenting over the fact that I'm allergic to Tequila (Blue Mesa supposedly has the best Tequila Bar in the area), Robert suggested a mojito. It was the BEST mojito I've had, which is saying a lot, since my husband and I have tried MANY mojitos. Just the right amount of rum, mint & lime. Clean, crisp, finish & right amount of sweetness.
We had tableside fire-roasted
guac. A nice variation from the standard
fare. The fire-roasted salsa was delicious. A smoky flavor. I could have drank a bowl full of it.
I ordered goat cheese enchiladas with jicama slaw. Cole ordered appetizer--3 meats on a stick--chicken, steak & sausage. He also ordered tacos--steak, bbq pulled pork & chicken served with smoky black beans & corn with ancho mayo & cheese.

The goat cheese ench was different--not my favorite ench ever, but very well seasoned and garnished. Cole devoured all of his meat--he said the sausage and the pulled pork taco were the best.

I would definitely go back. I'd like to try their Sunday brunch. Some nice marketing--free brunch on your bday, free apps on your anniversary, etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment