Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Game is On--Week #6


September 18
Mi Cocina, Plano, TX

Brunch. Lovely atmosphere. Friendly service. My neighbor said this was her favorite Mexican restaurant. After my disappointing meal the previous week, this was a welcome surprise. They made me my favorite dish--spinach enchiladas with mole, even though it wasn't on the menu. They made my neighbor her favorite dish--huevos rancheros, even though that wasn't on the menu either. Out of all the restaurants thus far, this mole was the richest and most complex. The chilies and chocolate were blended into a rich textured sauce.

The guac was fresh and creamy. I ate half of my friend's huevos rancheros and those were delicious too. My son ventured out of his same old, same old comfort zone and ordered a beef burrito, which he gave the thumbs up. Only my husband was lukewarm, but maybe that was because he had to pay the bill.

So the most frustrating part of the blog is that I can never get the images placed where I want them. Also no matter what I do, all the photographs begin to look the same--blobs of food on a plate. Not very appetizing.

spinach enchilada w/mole


beef burritos
huevos rancheros
egg dish










No comments:

Post a Comment