Sunday, October 30, 2011

1418--GAME IS ON, Week 10

 A friend's son is a freshman at TCU and was recently in town for homecoming/parent's weekend. She suggested Joe T. Garcia's, since it was a favorite spot when she was in school. I figured the place was kind of a historical landmark, a must-experience at least once. How many restaurants do you know that have remained in business since 1935?

They don't take reservations and when we arrived there was a huge line for the outdoor patio area. I like Mexican and all, but there's no way I would wait 1.5 hours to eat it. Especially standing in a line. There wasn't even a BAR to wait in. So we ate indoors. I did take a walk outside and it was lovely with lights and fountains.

I quit taking pictures of the food, since I realized that ALL Mexican food looks the same when photographed. Kind of like brown and red blobs. The menu was pretty limited--enchiladas with tacos or fajitas. Period. No other choice. Apparently, this did not deter the mobs waiting to eat.

I have to admit is WAS a good cheese enchilada and the guac was fresh, but besides the oooh factor of going to a "famous" landmark, I'm not sure what the big attraction is. I'm happy I went. Great company, good food, decent sangria, but I wouldn't willingly go back. Driving an hour to Ft. Worth, only to stand in line for an hour, drinkless, is not appealing.


No comments:

Post a Comment