Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Week 12 (really week 16)--December 6, 2011


If I was sticking to my plan of 1 Mexican restaurant/week, it would take me approximately 27 years to eat at all of the restaurants in DFW area. At the rate I'm going (which is averaging 1/month), I will be 164 years old before I finish.

I debated whether to include Fuzzy's Taco Shop or not. It's a chain, but that hasn't stopped me before. It is a landmark eatery across the street from TCU campus and I was told that college students love it. I was a bit skeptical when looking on their website. Their logo is a fish that says EAT me. And under the menu it says--nutritional information coming soon. I think that translates into--IT'S SO BAD, WE CAN'T PRINT IT WITHOUT RISK OF LAWSUITS.

After eating there, I determined that DRUNK college students whose taste buds are impaired must make up the prime clientele. To be fair, I didn't get a taco. And I was berated. How can you go to Fuzzy's and not eat a TACO? I ate the tortilla soup. It had the consistency of stick-to-your-ribs chili. Which if you are a starving college kid, might not be such a bad thing. I tend to like my tortilla soup on the thinner side, without globs of cheese hanging from my spoon.

For those of you who read my blog, you know I'm a guac SNOB. So much so that Fuzzy's guac cannot even be considered in the official guac category. I won't go as far as to say that it was WORSE than Taco Bell's guac, but close.

What I love about google is the weird stuff that comes up. So when I googled images of Fuzzy's, this bizarre picture of the man and lion shows up on page 11. It links to someone's blog called bagofnothing.com (because that's all he has to offer) I couldn't make this stuff up--it's too good.



No comments:

Post a Comment