Wednesday, April 18, 2012

1397--seems like hardly a dent

Week? Who's counting anymore
Gloria's
Oakcliff

 

I've been hearing about Gloria's for a while. When my gal pal artist friend Jackie came into town, I picked her up at the Belmont Hotel and we headed over to the Bishop Arts District. We sat outside on the patio. Mojitos are $5 all day on Sun-Thurs--what a deal. I figured they would be crappy, given the price, but my mojito had the perfect blend of sweet and tart with lots of mint. Guac and queso were fresh. I had the cerviche trio--A sample of orange roughy ceviche, scallop ceviche and shrimp cocktail and my friend had spinach enchiladas with green tomatillo sauce and monterey jack cheese. The roughy and scallop cerviche were slightly spiced with fresh jalapeno, and cured in lime juice. Fresh and delicious. The shrimp cocktail cerviche's sauce was too heavy and tangy--it masked the flavor of the shrimp and didn't complement the other two fish. The spinach enchiladas (which are standard fare at most places) were good and the tomatillo sauce provided a nice alternative to the usual sour cream sauce that is served.


No comments:

Post a Comment