Monday, April 23, 2012

1396--I know I'll never make it, yet am determined to continue the adventure

Cantina Laredo
Frisco, TX


Another restaurant that I've wanted to go to for a while. It is a chain with a number of locations in the area, as well as out of state. It bills itself as gourmet and the experience was true to the advertising. One of the things that impressed me from the website, is that the menu is specific to the location--it's not one menu for all locations. I knew it would be pricey, so waited for a special occasion to go. My mom and aunt were in town for a few days and I treated them and my son. We had tableside guac, which is always the way to go. You can't get any fresher than that. I'm not much for queso dip but everyone else liked it. I had a coupon for a free casa 'rita (meaning house margarita). I was expecting rot gut tequila for a freebie, but the margarita had fresh-squeezed lime juice and the tequila was not overpowering. Since it didn't give me a head or belly ache, I can only assume that it was the good stuff.

My son ordered steak fajitas--good quality beef, not overdone, generous portions. He gave it the thumbs up. My aunt ordered the artichoke and avocado enchiladas. Avocado isn't always great when hot, yet the enchiladas were surprisingly good. I special ordered spinach & mushroom  enchiladas with mole sauce. It wasn't the best mole sauce ever, but it had a rich flavor. And they had black beans as well as pinto beans.

The desserts were also quite good--a mango tres leche dessert that melted in your mouth and flan. Again not the best flan ever, but good.

I noticed there was cerviche on the menu and tortilla soup. With a free margarita every month, I will definitely go back and check out some other menu items.


No comments:

Post a Comment