Tuesday, December 20, 2011

1418--GAME IS ON, BUT I'M LOSING

 Week??? I realized I totally missed November. Too busy eating Indian food. My friend Erin is a Ft. Worther and suggested this fun-new-hip family-owned eatery on 7th St. Gotta love the name--REVOLVER TACO LOUNGE. The menu is different--serving antojitos. When I asked what that was--the server replied that it consisted of traditional dishes served at street fairs or weddings or funerals.

My son ventured out of his black bean and burrito
comfort zone and ordered duck breast tacos. He pronounced them delicious. Erin and I both had Ahi Tuna Ceviche (see pic below, courtesy of Erin) served on mini tostadas. The tuna was delicately spiced with lime and cilantro and served with some diced tomatoes. Not overpowering--just enough to enhance the flavor of the tuna.

Unfortunately the guac's spices overpowered the avocado flavor. We made the mistake of ordering spicy guac, so perhaps the regular guac wouldn't have suffered this same fate. The chips were homemade, but heavy. I tend to favor the light, airy chips.

Beautiful decor and presentation. Only 1 server at lunch and he was very personable, but swamped, so service wasn't speedy. But luckily we weren't in a hurry. My son had queso cake for dessert and didn't leave a crumb on his plate.

I would definitely go back and sample some more ceviche.

No comments:

Post a Comment