Tuesday, January 3, 2012

1418--only 1405 left to go

So I made up for my lack of Mexican food consumption in November by binging in December. 5 restaurants in 3 weeks. Sadly two don't really count, since one was a chain in Pittsburgh--Don Pablos and one was Mi Cocina, albeit a different location--this time in Highland Park Village. Foo Foo & Swanky. Who wears Donna Karan and Prada to eat Mexican food. I mean really. Cool upscale interior. Didn't take pics. It was too crowded.

I only had guac and tortilla soup. Guac was fresh, but bland. Tortilla soup had a nice broth--not too heavy, with big chunks of chicken, avocado slices & subtle flavors of cilantro. My son's new Mexican staple is steak fajitas. Although as a teenager who is constantly hungry, I'm not sure he has the most discerning palette. However, he did not leave anything on his plate and said the skirt steak was tender.
The best part of the meal was seeing my cousins--Dion, Philip & their daughter Lili.

No comments:

Post a Comment