Monday, January 30, 2012

1418--1404 to go!

 Fairview, Texas

For the most part, I've been leaving out to-go chains like Taco Bueno, Chipotle, On the Border, etc.. However Cole and I made an exception last week. We had been hearing about Freebirds Monster burritos and given that it's difficult to find burritos at Tex Mex joints, I thought we'd check it out. Very funky decor. Upon first glance, I thought that it was a green alien riding a chopper, but it was Lady Liberty. Patrons made aluminum foil sculptures from their burrito wrappings and the place was decorated with "unique" foil art.

We arrived around 7pm and the place looked a bit trashed. Clearly they had been swamped and hadn't had time to clean up yet.
Cole had a monster black bean and cheese burrito.
Since he is a purist and doesn't like any other toppings, I was impressed that they didn't charge us the full monster price. The guys behind the counter were very friendly and patient. Not surprising that I had to special order. They were more than happy to make me a special salad--field greens, avocado, cheese, salsa and lime. They also had negro modelo on draft!!

I was also impressed with the company's commitment to community. They have a program called World Works and each location partners with a local charity organization.

The salad was fresh, salsa homemade. The best part??? Dinner for the two of us with my beer was only $15. We would definitely go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment