Monday, August 29, 2011

1418 Game Is On--Week 4


August 29th, 2011 Chitos Mexican Restaurant, Plano, TX

I've passed by this "hole in the wall" every day since starting my new job. I might not have braved it, if I didn't get a recommendation from a friend. I mean, who REALLY wants to eat at a restaurant in a gas station.

Technically, it's not IN the gas station, but adjacent to it. Unlike the gas station, the restaurant was clean. I heard it was authentic. I have to break my rule and go back.
1. I ate there without my son, who is now upset, since he considers himself to be the bean and cheese burrito foodcriticguru.
2. Also it was mid-day and I couldn't eat a whole meal.
3. MOLE!!!! First restaurant to have mole on their menu. Good news--MOLE. Bad news--they won't put it on enchiladas. I have to eat it on chicken.


I had a lunch special with a cheese enchilada and tamale. I broke all my food karma rules and ate pork!! BABE PLEASE FORGIVE ME. The pork tamale is one of their award-winning dishes. It kind of tasted like chicken. Not sure if it was the best, since I don't eat pork, but it was tasty, despite my guilt. Guac--had a bit of kick! Cheese ench--ok, nothing out of this world. Looking forward to mole!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment